History

Founded in 1962 Clancy Plant has grown from strength to strength, mainly due to its diversification of services to meet customer’s needs. To begin with the business had a few lorries, vans and excavators but with the continual support of the chairman Clancy Plant now possesses over 10,000 assets.

History pg - Grab
History pg - Excavator
Old CP Lorry

  • 1958 Founder Michael Clancy forms M.J Clancy & Sons Limited in Wembley, undertaking ground works, drainage and road works in around London
  • 1962 Clancy Plant was founded with the sole purpose to provide all plant and transport requirements to The Clancy Group
  • 1983 The company’s Head Office and plant depot was built in Harefield, Middlesex
  • 2005 Clancy Plant forms new division, Clancy Plant Fusion. To purpose of which was to supply specialist equipment and services including, pipe welding, cable detection and associated tooling.
  • 2008 Traffic Management Division was created to provide a professional traffic management service to all customers
  • 2009 Clancy Plant opens the Reprocessing Division and introduces the first mobile recycling unit into the UK Construction Industry
  • 2013 Bernie Stack is appointed Clancy Plant Director
  • 2014 The integration of the VMS stream into the Traffic Management Division
  • 2016 The Clancy Plant 2020 Vision is launched – To be the best in the service provision of Plant, Transport and Traffic Management 

History pg - VMS
21T Excavator - ws
Roadmender and trailer
Get the Latest

Keep up with the latest developments in plant, traffic management, variable message signs and all of Clancy Plant’s products and services by joining our email mailing list. Simply enter your email address: